Saturday, June 23, 2012

Feeling Apologetic

Often, upon logging in to Facebook, I'll often wall-hop from friend to friend depending on who shows up in home feeds before I visit my own page, looking for amusement, news and new pics of my pals and their families. I've always tried to surround myself with positive lighthearted people that can keep it real as I've found that I need that to bring out the best in myself, especially after a long day at work. My grandmother used to swear by the old southern cliche that if one rolls with the pigs they're going to smell like the pigs, and I think that holds true for the most part.

I've always tried to post the kind of material that I would like to see from my friends while also keeping it light, real (okay, I tend to go off the wall now and then but who cares) and maybe invoking some sort of thought or inspiration while keeping the negative stuff to a minimum unless it has something to do with me personally.

Until as of recent.

If anyone has been paying attention, they would notice that I've been posting some political information and links. To be honest, I feel compelled to apologize for doing so as I know that some use the social sites as some sort of escape from the every day riff raff that gets dumped on us out there in the "real" world.

But  this years presidential election is something I'm taking very seriously after being laid off and losing my home a few years ago.

I caught hell from some of my online friends for my sudden disappearance but I obviously had no choice in the matter. It was a very austere and trying time for me, and one that I'd rather not revisit, and,  wouldn't wish upon anyone except the crooks in Washington that helped make it more than possible.

Make no mistake, I think all politicians have selfish agendas, but as an Independent, I've done my homework and will vote for the candidate that gives all of us the best chance at keeping clothes on our backs and food on the table. Not only will the outcome have an effect on all of us, but will also have a huge impact on our children's future. While every election is important, this years is paramount because America is at a turning point and teetering on the edge, as far as the economy goes.

I'm not as concerned about the smaller issues that can be reversed such as gun control. Hell, if things go awry the worst of the two evils gets into office, we won't be able to afford the ammo for the guns anyway.

In the past, I wouldn't bother posting political information and news, in part because I've always had , and preferred, a small friends list on sites such as 360, Ning and Multiply, but after indulging in such games as Mafia Wars on Facebook that require a large group, I literally have thousands of acquaintances other than my close friends, so the scope is much larger and I feel the need to get the facts out there. Okay, I did blog about it from time to time but making fun of politicians has always been too fun and easy to pass up. However,  I will refrain from posting any other posts that pertains to such here after this post.

Again, my apologies, and please bear with me. I'll try to keep it light and factual without all the unnecessary propaganda, but this year it's from the heart and personal.





No comments:

Post a Comment